YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch
DATES | December 29 – January 1, 2023
COST | $299 Non-Skiers, $699 Skiers
Registration ends Nov. 30 so we can get final numbers to YMCA of the Rockies.
skiGENERATION 2022 is a fellowship-focused gathering of youth and adults that want to build kingdom relationships. This will be an opportunity for the students of Mid-America to strengthen bonds formed with one another at camp and to forge new ones. We believe these relationships are an integral to the future of the Friends Movement.
During this gathering we are raising the bar in creating space for relationship formation asking everyone to lay down their life and their cell phone in order to fully engage. As we do this together, we are excited about the ways that God will speak into our lives as we pay attention to Him and others in a more profound way than normal. This expectation is mandatory for all participants. As a safety measure, however, cellphones are allowed on our ski days while on the slopes.
Non-skiers: check out these amazing activity options Snow Mountain Ranch has to offer. Please note some of these activities may incur an additional cost.
It is important to note that we will be at a high elevation (9,000ft and up) for the duration of skiGENERATION. For some people, the high elevation can lead to altitude sickness with symptoms that include: headaches, fatigue, shortness of breath, nausea, and vomiting. Severe cases may lead to hospitalization. It’s important to take preventative measures to reduce the likelihood of altitude sickness.
Talk to your family doctor about prescribing Diamox for altitude sickness prevention.
Stay hydrated and pay attention to your body’s needs.
An EFC-MAYM gathering for high school and college students, alongside adults who love the church and desire to serve – lead – grow – seek the Kingdom of God first, together.
- Cell phones should only be used on ski days while on the slopes. Please enjoy this opportunity to be in fellowship and retreat – away from unnecessary distractions. Cellphones should not be used during our time together at the YMCA.
- No Guys in any Girls Room or Girls in any Guys room at any time.
- Dress Modestly.
- No PDA.
- Respect each other by respecting their property, personality and person.
- Respect the property and honor all skiGENERATION leaders and camp personnel.
- Respect other guests in the lodge, as a witness to Christ, yourself and your family.
- Any students driving to skiGENERATION must park their vehicle permanently during the gathering.
- Church group adults are responsible to transport all students for skiGENERATION activities and meals.
- Profanity, alcohol, and tobacco products are totally prohibited.
- Any potential participants not willing to honor these skiGENERATION guidelines should not plan to register.
- Transportation expenses are the sole responsibility of the participant and/or parents.
Towels and linens will be provided at the Lodges.
- A reusable water bottle
- Warm Clothing, layers work best in cold
- Modest bathing suit for the pool open during free time
- Comfortable Shoes (for indoor activities)
- Any extra money for the snack bars, additional activities at the YMCA, and gift shops.
- Lotion (very dry climate, skin will crack)
- Lip Balm (very dry climate, skin will crack)
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
Required Snow Gear (for both skiers and non-skiers):
- Any warm coat with a waterproof outer layer
- Ski Bib/Pants
- Snow Boots
- Waterproof Gloves/Mittens
- Thermal Base Layers
- Sunglasses/Ski Goggles, snow reflects a lot of sunlight