COVID Point Persons for Camp:
If you have any questions related to the policy and procedure BEFORE camp or during camp, please contact the following point persons:
Kids Camp | Cathy Martinez
High School Camp | Debbie Brown
Junior high Camp | Josh Bunce
Contact and communication for our nurses will be AT CAMP:
Kids Camp | Lisa Halverstadt and Amber Langley
High School Camp | Lisa Halverstadt
Junior High Camp | Amber Langley
- Masks are required in ALL BUILDINGS except for cabins where you will be sleeping. REQUIRED buildings include the chapel, dining hall (expect when eating at a table), and all bathrooms. Gaiters will be provided at all camps and can be used as the required mask so that it is easier to keep track of and use whenever stepping into a building
Masks are NOT REQUIRED when with your cabin, sibling group, or while outdoors at any time including the Pavilion.
- Exit strategy – what if someone gets sick or tests positive? Our process is similar to if a kid gets hurt or sick: It’s the parent’s responsibility and expense to get them home, although we will do our best to help make the transition as appropriate and able.
- We will have up to 2 cabins available for quarantine and 2 cabins for isolation.
- Temperature checks once a day before they eat breakfast.
- If someone has a temperature or is exhibiting other COVID-19 symptoms in consultation with our nurses and COVID-19 Point Persons, we will have them tested at Cowley County Health department and will determine a course of action after we receive the results.
- This policy and procedure is flexible and may be adjusted as we get closer to camp or at any time during camp as needed.
Camp Quaker Haven Procedure and Plan Related to COVID-19:
No Salad Bar offered.
Drinks and all food served by camp staff.
Cabins and restrooms fogged each day.
Hand sanitizing stations at dining hall and chapel.
Tables set at 6 feet apart including lots of tables outside.
COVID 19 CHECKLIST and QUESIONNAIRE to be taken 2 days before camp.
Have you traveled outside the US within the last 14 days?
Do you have any of the following COVID-19 symptoms? (more frequent than usual)
- Fever of 100.4 or greater
- Symptoms of respiratory illness (nasal drainage, congestion, cough, shortness of breath)
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle or Body aches
- Sore throat
- Nausea or vomiting
- Positive COVID test in the last 10 days
If yes to 1-2, or 3+ of any other symptoms consider testing prior to camp. If yes to 11 complete your quarantine and do not attend camp – deposit and registration will be refunded upon proof of a positive test. If you have been out of the US in the last 14 days, provide a negative test result at registration.