I wanted to share a unique opportunity with you to join in the Inaugural “Robert Barclay Institute” symposium on Saturday morning March 4. A brief understanding about the Robert Barclay Institute is as follows:
This scholarly resource supports Barclay College’s efforts to give historic Quaker thought a vibrant place in campus life and to allow Robert Barclay and other early Quaker voices to speak effectively in today’s world. The goals and aims of the Robert Barclay Institute fall under the identity, mission, and strategic plan objectives of Barclay College. This institute is made up of faculty, administrators, students, alumni, affiliated scholars and constituents.
- Research the early voice (writings) of our Quaker leaders
- Articulate ways the early Quaker movement speak into today’s culture
- Reinvigorate evangelical expressions of Historic Quaker Faith and Practice
- Connect contemporary Social Issues with evangelical Quaker Faith and Practice
Nurture Vocation and Calling amongst evangelical Quaker Christians
Here are the details about the presentation:
Saturday, March 4, 2017 | 9:30-10:30 a.m. (brunch to follow)
Student Center – Gathering Room
Theme: All Are One in Christ Jesus: The Social Justice Actions of Early Quakers as an Example to Contemporary American Evangelicalism
Presenter: Derek Brown, PhD
Responder: Aaron Stokes, MA in Quaker Studies, student
Moderator: Kevin Mortimer, PhD abd
Details for the gathering can also be found by clicking here.
– Jesse Penna, Student Ministries Director