The Jr. High Bible Quiz Finals were held on Saturday, April 28 at Friendswood Friends Church. Twelve teams from seven churches competed over Matthew 15-28. There was fierce competition, but in the end, Northridge Blue came out on top, taking 1st place. Haviland Blue finished in 2nd place. Argonia Blue placed 3rd, and Friends Community ended up 4th overall.
The standings are as follows:
- 5th–Bethel Red and Bethel Blue
- 6th–Blue and Northridge Red
- 7th–Haviland Red and Friendswood Red
- 8th–Argonia Red and Chandler
At the finals, we also recognize the 4 top scoring quizzers as All Stars. This year’s recipients are:
- 4th–Elizabeth Sneed from Haviland with an average score of 109
- 3rd–Rebecca Reimer from Northridge with an average score of 113
- 2nd–Luke Schulte from Argonia with an average score of 125
- 1st–Hannah Harvey from Northridge with an average score of 159
Also at the finals, one quizzer is recognized at the Frazier Award winner. This quizzer not only excels at quizzing but also demonstrates good leadership, excellent sportsmanship, and exemplifies a Christian witness. The nominees this year were Karina Martinez, Hannah Harvey, Luke Schulte, Maddie Schwenter, Emily Reimer, Shelby Lingafelter, Abby Jullierat, and Emma Cummings. This year’s winner is Hannah Harvey from Northridge, with a total yearly score of 5160 points.