As your students are looking to attend college somewhere, I wanted to let y’all know about an incredible NEW opportunity for students looking to attend Friends University who come from a Quaker background. Friends released this information regarding the event and scholarship:
“The Light the Way event during Quaker Heritage week April 15th-16th, 2020 will bring Quaker students to Friends University allowing them to experience life on campus. These students will experience what it would be like to live on campus, interact with campus ministries faculty and staff, and have the opportunity to meet current students.
Admissions and financial aid would like to propose the creation of the RISE Scholarship. Students on campus as part of the Light the Way event would be able to take part in a unique scholarship opportunity NEVER offered to Friends University applicants in the past.
The RISE Scholarship
A scholarship that covers full undergraduate tuition (up to 18 credit hours per semester for four years through a combination of federal, state and institutional aid sources) given to a first time student belonging to a Quaker Church Family who embodies the values of Friends University: Respect, Inclusion, Service, and Excellence.
- Student will have demonstrated need – Must be PELL eligible
- Letter of recommendation required from applicant’s church ministry
- Merit based. Must have at least a 3.2 GPA and a 21 ACT.
- Renewable for all 4 years with SAP
- Scholarship combined with other institutional gift aid, federal gift aid and/or State gift aid will not go above cost of tuition
- Must submit RISE Scholarship application along with a 500-word essay describing how applicant has, in the past, and how they will continue in the future to embody the Friends University values of Respect, Inclusion, Service and Excellence.
**Students not selected for the RISE Scholarship are eligible to receive many other great scholarship opportunities available at Friends University.”
Students who schedule their visit with Friends during the Quaker Heritage Week (April 15 & 16) will be eligible to apply for this RISE scholarship. This is an incredible opportunity and scholarship. As you have students interested in Friends University please keep this information in mind!
Thanks and GO FALCONS!