June 1st-5th | Kids Camp
June 6th-10th | Sr. High Camp
June 11th-15th | Jr. High Camp
CAMP COST: $250 per Student | $150 per Counselor
Emergency only number – If you need to contact someone at camp in case of emergency, please call the CQH number and leave a message: 620-442-9690.
What to Bring to Camp:
- Final registration payment
- Bath Towels, wash clothes, soap/shampoo
- Insect repellant
- Modest Clothes (see dress code below)
- Clothes/shoes that can get dirty
- Note that TENNIS SHOES are needed for most activities – not flip flops
- Modest one piece swimsuit, pool towel, flip flops
- Money for Canteen (snacks, souvenirs, etc)
- Money for Camp offerings (more information below)
- Medicine must be clearly marked with camper’s name and type of medicine and given to the Camp Nurse upon check-in
- Good attitude
DON’T Bring to Camp:
- Cell Phones
- Computer Games
- 2-Piece Swim Suits
- Tobacco on any kind
- Weapons of any kind
- Bad Attitude
Parents, who wish to stay and are not counselors, should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
No one is allowed to be on the camp grounds without authorization and appropriate payment.
- T-shirts, jeans or shorts, and tennis shoes are great.
- Shorts must reach finger tips.
- No tight clothes (shirts, sweaters, pants or shorts).
- No bare mid-drifts or short shorts.
- No yoga pants.
- No chest or butt cleavage. No undergarments showing.
- Girls, no low-cut tops! No skirts – they aren’t appropriate for camp activities.
- Swimsuits must be very modest! (tankini or 1 piece swimsuit)
- Anyone who chooses to disobey rules will be sent home
- Everyone should be where the schedule says at all times
- We respect one another and each other’s personal items
- No girls in boys cabins
- No boys in girls cabins
- Shoes should be worn at all times, even as you travel to and from the pool
- Campers are not allowed to take naps during the day
- Campers are not allowed to leave the cabin during lights-out hours
- Wear a shirt or towel around you to and from the pool
- Stay off the initiatives (low ropes course activities) unless your counselor is guiding you
- Turn in all medicine to the Nurse upon registration
- No phone calls home during camp without permission from the directors
- Any Cell Phones seen during camp will be confiscated until camp is over
- Students/Counselors arriving in a personal vehicle should park in parking lot
- No one is allowed to leave the camp ground until camp is over without special permission from the director
- Stay off the stage in the chapel unless invited
- Water fights are only allowed if arranged with counselors and must stay out of the heart and away from cabins
- Please stay away from the Camp Director’s house and behind the pool
- No one should ever be on any roof at any time for any reason
Additional Rules for Camps:
A counselor or staff member needs to be at the top and bottom of the slide before it can be used
No one is allowed to go into the woods or on a hike without your counselor and cabin
MAIL TO CAMPERS:
Note that you can send mail to a camper. This is a fun way to let them know you are thinking of them. Most camps have a mail call to deliver mail to campers publicly during chapel. Please send it ahead of time clearly marked for which camp. Example:
Camper Name – Kids Camp (or camp your child or friend is at)
c/o Camp Quaker Haven
8438 312th Road
Arkansas City, KS 67005
Sending/Handling Money: Talk to your child about the money you are sending with them. It would be good to sit down and plan out how much they have to spend each day. You might find it helpful to put each day’s money into a separate envelope or baggy. This will help them keep better track of it and they’ll still have the money they might need on the way home.
Offering: An offering is taken periodically during chapel services. The offering goes towards a CQH project or an EFM missionary. Sometimes we play silly games for the counselor that collects the most offering that night.
Canteen: There are open canteen times. Most items are between 75 cents and 1 dollar. Items such as flashlights, water bottles, and t-shirts which have the Quaker Haven logo on them are available and are any-where from $5 to $15.
Packing: Be sure to let your child help pack. Otherwise they won’t know what they’ve brought with them to camp. Consider packing a plastic bag/trash bag and encourage your camper to put their dirty clothes in it. This should help keep the cabin clean, maybe keep it smelling better, and help keep things from getting lost.
EFC-MAYM Child Protection Policies: EFC-MAYM Youth Division has established the following three polices to ensure the well-being and care of your child while at EFC-MAYM Youth Events : Background Checks, EFC-MAYM Child Abuse Protection, and EFC-MAYM Discipline Prevention and Policy.